I just got back about a week ago from spending 7 nights in Cabo, Mexico. It is a resort city on the southern tip of Mexico’s Baja California peninsula boasting a dramatic desert backdrop and is known for its beaches, water activities and nightlife. But what a lot of people miss out on is vast amount of beauty just outside of the Cabo San Lucas area.
Currency: Pesos or USD accepted everywhere
My Rating of the Hotel : 3/5
-Food was average
-Alcohol was not the greatest in quality
-Although the beach is beautiful, you cannot swim in it (under tow is too strong). However, there are other beaches you can walk/taxi to go swimming
-4 pools on the resort and 2 of them are infinity pools with amazing views
-4 restaurants: you don’t need to make reservations for them, it is first come first served
-I found it to be too Americanized and was missing the cultural vibe of Mexico
Overall, I would definitely add Cabo to list of places to visit especially if you need a quick getaway. 5-7 days is ample amount of time to see/do everything that you want.
With that, here are the Top 10 things to do in Cabo:
- Rent an Open Top Jeep Wrangler and drive around the city. We chose alamos car rental as their office was right on our resort and we paid $120 USD for 24 hour rental. You have to be over 25 to be able to rent cars through them so keep that in mind. We drove up to La Paz and stopped at: Canyon De La Zorra, Playa Ballandra and La Paz.
This is DEFINITELY A MUST DO IN CABO! You get to see a new side to the city and there are so many incredible views and beach during the drive.
- Water Sports: Jet skis, banana boats, parasailing, fly boarding
- Swim with Whale Sharks
- ATV on the beach and Mexican desert with Amigos ATV
- Camel Rides
- Party at Mango Deck. Other clubs: El Squid Roe and Mandala Club
- Horseback Ride on the Beach
- Take a glass bottom boat to the arch, lovers beach & divorce beach
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Visit the MARINA DOWNTOWN and spend the day shopping and eating