“When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.”
If you should know one thing about me, it’s that I AM A MORNING PERSON. I love my mornings.
When I say “love”, I MEAN LOVE…LOVE…LOVE the mornings ( hopefully there were enough loves in there to tell you how much I love mornings!)
Here are some successful people who love their mornings as much as me!
According to an article in Business Insider:
-Apple CEO Tim Cook wakes up at 3:45 a.m. and gets a head start on email.
-Michelle Obama is working out by 4:30 a.m.
-Twitter and Square CEO Jack Dorsey wakes up before dawn for a 6-mile run.
-Virgin Group founder and chairman Richard Branson rises with the sun at around 5:45 a.m.
-Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz is at the office by 6 a.m.
“Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”
Here’s my morning routine in 9 Steps that I do at the moment. ( I always change around a few things if something is not working out).
Every day doesn’t look exactly the same for me, but this is the routine I’ve been using and it seems to be working:
- Wake up: Usually between 5 am- 7 am. The earlier I wake up, the more productive and positive I am. 5 am is my magic hour:)
- Morning Pages: 3 pages of non stop writing about anything that goes on in my head. (I will be writing a blog post about what morning pages are soon so stay tuned).
- Coffee Time: Right now I am using instant coffee (not the greatest). I need to get myself a french press or a single brew coffee machine. But…I do take my coffee black. No cream, no sugar. (You have to develop a taste for it) but now I can’t have my coffee any other way.
(Confession 1: I tried to drink hot water with lemon instead but failed miserably. Turns out that I love my morning coffee a little toooooo much)
(Confessions 2: I try not to use my phone in the morning but since I started blogging, I tend to check social media in the morning while making coffee. I am trying really hard to break this habit). If you have any suggestions, let me know!
- Read: I read for about half hour to an hour every morning. My go to genres are self help, biographies and business books. I love curling up with a good book and a good cup of coffee.
- Meditation: After my 10 day Silent Meditation Retreat, it was important that I didn’t break my habit. Technically, I am supposed to meditate for an hour but let’s get real, that is not happening. But I find 20 minutes of meditation does the trick for me every morning.
- MITS: My 3 most important tasks of the day along with the rest of my to do lists. I LOVE LISTS just as much as I love my mornings. You will always see me with a notebook and pen. And, there is something wonderful about the way you feel when you cross something off your list. Its quite addicting for me!
- Blog Writing: I brainstorm topics I want to write about and start on one that I find flows easily. If you have any topics you would like me to write about, ask me in the box to the right—–>)
- Morning Smoothie: I am experimenting with different smoothies every morning. Green, very berry, tropical etc. Check my instagram stories in the mornings for the recipes. @novicesoul
- Shower: Finally, its time to get ready for work ( I usually leave my house by 10/10:30am). I want to try and start getting in my 9 am so let’s see how that goes.
I am hoping to add the following into my morning routine everyday:
- Drinking 1 glass of hot water with lemon
- Getting in a morning workout every single morning (truth is, I do get in 2 morning workouts a week with swimming, but I need to add this in every single day. I notice my days are always more productive after a morning workout)
- Wake up no later than 5:30 am
I discipline myself to have this structure and routine, because it helps me be creative in other parts of my life.
Hope you enjoyed this post!