WHAT IS NOVICESOUL?
A NOVICE is someone who is new to a situation, circumstance or event. Each one of us begins as a novice in everything we do. This blog is about encouraging each and every single one of us to step out of our comfort zones and live the life we have always imagined for ourselves.
Remove the words…“I wish” “I am so jealous” “I can’t” “But…” from your vocabulary and let your novice soul ignite a new you and a new vision for life.
A Novice. A Beginner. An Apprentice. For Life.
3 MANTRA’s THAT I LIVE BY:
(I will be writing blog posts for each mantra in more detail soon. So stay tuned!)
- “KNOW THYSELF”
– Ancient Greek Aphorism
- “TO LIVE IS THE RAREST THING IN THE WORLD, MOST PEOPLE EXIST, THAT IS ALL”.
– Oscar Wilde
- “THIS TOO SHALL PASS”
UNINTERESTING FACTS ABOUT ME
- A 20 something girl.
- Graduated from the BBA program from the Schulich School of Business in Toronto (Business…BORING…I KNOW!)
- Grew up in the typical family who had my life planned out for me since I was born. Grow up —> Go to School—> Get good grades—> Go to Uni—>Find a job—>Get married—> Have babies—> Raise those babies—>Retire and live happily ever after
- No, I did not quit my job and start travelling the world
- No, I don’t have one of those cool jobs where I can work from anywhere
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT ME
- Travelled to over 23 countries
- Lived in 5 different cities (Mumbai, Peru, Toronto, Montreal & Singapore)
- Completed a 4 day trek to Machu Picchu
- Played with tigers & Swam with whale sharks
- Went on a 10 day silent meditation retreat (no phones, no talking, no reading or writing, no dinner, 10 hours of daily meditation LITERALLY!!!! Read the blog post here)
- No, I did not quit my job and start travelling the world, BUT I did manage to create a lifestyle for myself that allows me to LIVE LIFE ON MY OWN TERMS!
And so here we are, its been 2 years since I have graduated. I have 2 businesses in the Interior Design Industry (Ecomm & Staging), started my own blog and I’m hoping to start a few more ventures soon!
I tried out the corporate world and it wasn’t for me. I wanted to wake up every morning feeling alive, I wanted to live life, excited to take on everyday. I wanted to do all the things I always dreamt about while sitting in an accounting lecture or my cubicle at work. We only live once, but if lived right, once is enough. So I made it my goal to figure out WHO I AM? & WHAT I WANTED TO DO? Those are the toughest questions I was faced with because I didn’t have the answer to either of them at the time and without those answers I didn’t know where to start.
It wasn’t an easy road. A messy breakup, parents wondering what the hell I am doing with my life (because I graduated and didn’t seem to want to work) and a lot and I mean A LOT of anxiety later, I knew I had to get myself back together. Looking back, I know those events were needed to get me to where I am today. As Steve Jobs once said
“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.”
I am still learning & growing ; Being a novice, trying to figure out life and constantly trying to improve myself each day.
I hope to inspire some of you through this blog to live the life you have always imagined. Through some success stories, book reviews, travel journals, unique experiences, personal growth tips; I hope to ignite your wild side to go and live.
Takes some risks.
Feel the fear and do it anyway.
“SPARK YOUR NOVICESOUL”-H.C.
& hop along on an adventure that should always last a lifetime.